does couponing really save?

Sunday, November 04, 2012

As some might know I am an ex-extreme couponer. It has been about a year since I did extreme couponing. Couponing is work and based on how hard you coupon will determine your "income". At the time I extreme couponed I couponed full time and worked full time. Once school started I just didn't have the time to do all three.

But back to the initial question, does couponing really save? It has been 14 months since I extreme couponed and we have yet to pay money for the following products: Gillette brand shaving cream, Fusion Proglide razors, toothpaste, toothbrushes, body wash, shampoo, hair products, dish washing packs, after shave, hand soap and girlie products. All top name brands mind you. And you might ask, well what did you spend at the initial purchase? Believe it or not there were purchases with the items mentioned where the store owed me (I used the overage to purchase more products and/or groceries). So the answer is absolutely couponing saves.

If you find yourself needing some extra room in your budget, want to make your dollar go farther, focus your money on paying off bills or for whatever reason...couponing can be your answer. My couponing motto is "Spend your time not your money".

You Might Also Like

0 comments