2012 birchbox favs

Tuesday, January 08, 2013

While following my usual blogs I was introduced to Birchbox and watched month after month as they received their sample goodiness and talked about the products. Finally I decided to treat myself to a Birchbox of my very own. I don't splurge very often and honestly can't remember the last time I purchased an article of clothing but I thought this will be a perfect way to try some products out without making a full size commitment. Very doable for the saver in me. My very first Birchbox arrived in September of last year. So although I only received 4 in 2012 I still found favs that made my permanent collection.

  • JDart+ BB Cream (September Birchbox) - this product surprised me right away. I always wear an SPF but don't wear foundations as I find them too heavy. This was a great way to combine those two and more into one light product. It is just enough that I could wear just this for those days there is no time.

  • Beauty Fixation Make Up Remover (September Birchbox) - not only are these little guys ridiculously handy they work wonderfully. So easy to throw this little case or even just one swab into your purse and have no fear of makeup mishaps. Cuz trust me they happen. It is just enough remover in each swab 'fix' anything.

  • Birchbox and Color Club Custom Color (September Birchbox) - when I found this item in my Birchbox I though it was super fun color. I was not only loving the color but also the consistency of the polish - it left no bubbles and glided right onto my nails. 

  • tili Bags Small Collection 1 (October Birchbox) - I really like the idea of these little bags although a Ziploc would do the same thing (in all honesty) but with the design on these little guys it looks like the bag has purpose...which it does! Plus no worries if it gets gooped up on...totally disposable.

  • Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy (November Birchbox) - was not 100% sold when I first tried this but let me tell ya...it won my heart. After about 2-3 wears I started to enjoy it more and more. Def a winner now! Such a light and flirty scent...made me feel 10 years younger just wearing it.

  • ModelCo SHINE Ultra Lip Gloss (December Birchbox) - yummy! Hint of tint, silky smooth, smells/tastes great AND HAS BUILT IN MIRROR.....I mean HELLLOOO! Amazeballs!

  • Benefit it's potent eye cream (December Birchbox) - this light non-greasy eye cream is great. I was skeptical at first but with one wear I was impressed. I noticed a brighter under eye and improved texture after wearing makeup for a few hours.

  • Kerastase Resistance Ciment Termique - Protect (December Birchbox) - pleasantly surprised I wasn't sure what to expect with this product. Sure enough I applied it to my hair and started my styling routine. Normally I blow dry then straighten to finish it off....after applying this product I didn't even need to use my flat iron....that was a nice surprise. I am a mama of two so any chance I can save some time is a definite plus!

*I am not being reimbursed for my opinions. My opinions are my own and I do not receive any compensation for this post. I do not guarantee my results will be your results. 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. You really are making me want to have Birchbox!! ;)

    ReplyDelete