kiddo activity: bottle cap stamps

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

So for those that don't know my oldest daughter (3) doesn't attend day care. We are fortunate enough to have work schedules that allow us (my husband for the most part) to be home with our little ones. So in an effort to try and keep her engaged we try new little artsy things to do.

While trying new things is great it can also cost a lot of money. It takes little to no time at all to take a trip to Hobby Lobby or Michaels and spend a fortune. So thanks to many a Pinterest pinners I have been able to get ideas for our arts and crafts. This day was bottle cap stamps.






 

Gather your supplies. In our case it only cost us $1. We started to collect bottle caps, have plenty of paint and paper, only needed the foam stickers.

 
 
Start by sticking a veriety of stickers onto the flat side of bottle caps.


 
To apply the paint you can either allow your kiddo to stamp into some paint or apply some paint with a paint brush. I applied for my little one (at the time 2) and allowed her to stamp.

 


My foam stickers were different forms of transportation so as we stamped we talked all about the modes of transportation and the color we were stamping. She loved it!
 
 
 
How easy was that? Well the little one doesn't know, all they know was they got to stamp to their heart's content. She didn't quite understand stamping and pressure but I think did pretty well for her age. This was a fun activity that we will do again.







 

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Awesome idea! And now simple! I am sure my daughter is going to love this when I tell her about it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...So simple! We got our stamps at our Dollar Tree, they had different themes too. So I can't wait to do another bottle cap stamp day.

      Delete
  2. I absolutely <3 projects like this! Using what ya got & making it work. The ways this idea can be used are endless! I'm definitely pinning this one. Thanks for sharing. Visiting from Sunday Scoop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You got that right. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. What a fun craft! Thanks for this post.
    Monica
    http://happyandblessedhome.com
    PS I do a Friday Linky party w/400 visitors if you want to link up!
    http://happyandblessedhome.com/category/family-fun/

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice way to spend some quality time! This could definitely keep the kids entertained for a little while even when you can't be helping them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea! I'd love to try this with my daughter. Thanks so much for sharing this at my link party last week - I hope you can join again this week :)

    -Angie
    www.easylivingmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angie - Thank you for stopping by. I will love to stop by again!

      Delete
  6. The perfect affordable way to introduce my daughter to stamping! Thanks for sharing such a fun idea & great pics too:)

    Would love to invite you to my blog, there's even a Spring Bash going on right now with easy ways to earn craft products! Come for a read at Creatively Redeeming Her, http://www.creativelyredeemingher.blogspot.com/2013/03/invitin-you-to-my-spring-bash.html.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel - with practically no investment this one can be done over and over again. I am on my way to stopping by your Spring Bash ;)

      Delete