chocolate peanut butter cupcakes

Wednesday, March 06, 2013

So on Sunday the 24th I had a rare day of being a mama to just one of my kiddos. My 3 year old was at her Nanna's (great grandma) for the day leaving me with just my 8 month old. I definitely wanted to take advantage of this lighter responsibility so I thought I would do a little shopping and a little baking.

I very rarely get to shop for leisure (a very much missed past time) or get a chance to bake for that matter because the days I work it consumes the entire day being 10hr shifts; and the days I dont work I am out numbered 2-to-1 because the husband is at work. So due to the fact that I had some baking essentials to pick up I chose to shop at Wal-Mart. Yep that was my super special shopping trip.

Outside of my baking needs I did find a few things for the house and filled a photo order. Upon returning home with just 1 kiddo I got my bake on. Lets just say that before this day I never had a need nor believed in aprons, well it is now on my "need to pick one up list". I was a mess! But the result was truly scrumptous cupcakes. Holy cow they were good.

I found this recipe on a food blog I follow called Stick a Fork In It, the cupcakes were her Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes with a peanut butter cream cheese frosting and a peanut butter surprise in the middle. Ah-mazing! You can find the recipe here.

Here is a picture of the cupcakes I made. I couldn't quite get the same height as she did with the frosting but that didn't change the taste one bit ;)


You Might Also Like

30 comments

  1. Replies
    1. They were cakes of pure heaven.

      Delete
  2. It is funny how a day shopping a Walmart without any children can somehow be something to look forward too:) These cupcakes look amazing and I cannot wait to try them! Thanks for sharing!
    Shannon{Cozy Country Living}
    http://www.cozycountryliving.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup that is where motherhood brings you - Wal-Mart. But Wal-Mart of not it was so nice to be out and about. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. They look yummy from this angle despite them not being as high as hers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a talent I am trying to master but let me tell ya, your taste buds know of no height.

      Delete
  4. Umm.. does there exist a better combination of flavors? I think not!! Peanut butter and chocolate are my favorite! Recipe and photos are making my mouth water! I found you on A Glimpse Inside's blog party, so nice to discover new bloggers and recipes! Check out some of mine @ www.typeabaker.com !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and I most definitely will stop by yours.

      Delete
  5. These look delish! My hubby loves chocolate and PB, so I'll have to make these for him. Found your blog through Or So She Says and I'm a new follower!

    Christi
    http://the-not-so-perfect-momblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chrisi - Thank you, yes the hubby loved these. As a matter of fact on the first morning I sent one with him to work to have later in the day and it didn't even make it to the on ramp to the freeway!

      Delete
  6. These look divine! My son would love them! Thanks for sharing at Church Supper. Love seeing new faces. Have a blessed week & come back soon ~EMM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. Two favorites...........yummy andi thewednesdaybaker

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best flavor combination ever! Peanut Butter and Chocolate! Thanks for Sharing at Show Me Your Plaid Monday's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for having me and for visiting my blog.

      Delete
  9. Peanut Butter is my favorite! I can't wait to test this out...Pinned! Found you from Frugal Foodie Mama link party!

    http://homemakeraudition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the pin, these were delish!

      Delete
  10. Yummmy!!!! cool blog! I hope you visit my party every week- http://atozebracelebrations.com/2013/03/link-party-10.html
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...hope to return as well!

      Delete
  11. Super YUM!! Thanks for linking up to Simple Supper Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE peanut butter and chocolate together - and I think your swirly-tops look just perfect! Thank you so much for linking up at What's in Your Kitchen Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww you're sweet! I tried. Thank you for stopping by my blog!

      Delete
  13. So glad you liked them! They are one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Chrissy they were delectable....so yum! Thank you for sharing them.

      Delete
  14. Ooh these look delicious! Chocolate and peanut butter is one of my favorite combinations. Can't wait to try these!

    -Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These cupcakes were drops of heaven. Thank you for visiting! Let me know what you think when you make them.

      Delete
  15. These look so yummy! Adding to my list of treats to make :)
    Thanks for sharing at Artsy Corner! You were featured today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the feature! I grabbed your button. They were ah-mazing! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete