easter decor

Monday, March 18, 2013

In the past, for the not-so-major holidays, we never decorated. But now that we have kiddos we will start to really celebrate each holiday. Easter is right around the corner and if you have a schedule like mine now is as good as a time as any to get things figured out. As you have seen in previous posts I have my eggs all figured out and my crafts are in place. Now it's time for my decor.

I don't want to go nuts but I do need a little something. Maybe a centerpiece and a garland. So on my my hunt for some ideas I came across some pretty cute and easy decor ideas I thought I would share. That way you don't have to hunt ;)




Peeps and M&Ms or Jelly Beans - pretty simple, line a vase with peeps and other candy, placing a smaller vase in the middle to take up space and to add some flowers....done!


Egg Garland - I have had this one on my to do list for sometime now. It takes a little prep work but I think the end result is wonderfully creative


Plastic Egg Wreath- this one I had on my Pinterest board for awhile. Grab some plastic easter eggs, some washi tape and ribbon you can throw together a very cute easter wreath.


Painted Egg Centerpiece - double duty your eggs, once you are done dying them, painting them or decorating them arrange them on a platter or cake stand as your easter centerpiece. Only do this on whatever day you have your easter celebration otherwise you will only want to do this if you did  'blow-out' eggs where you piece the shell and blow out the white and yok.


Candy Nests - eastering up a stale, ugly or old bowl. Using some double stick tape and yarn you can make a very soft and whimsical candy dish for your chocolate eggs or other easter candy.


Rainbow Egg Decor - simply classic. I love this idea. Grab some empty vases, some plastic eggs and sort them by color...add a little easter basket grass and what a sophistocated decoration.


Wooden Letters - with endless possibilities this is your most versatile option. To coordinating with a theme or adding patterns the sky is the limit. I love this idea especially with little ones not much to be broken so we might have to make our own for our home.

I hope these simple and affordable ideas are just the thing for your easter decorations.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. So cute! Love these ideas! Thanks for Sharing at Show Me Your Plaid Monday's!

    ReplyDelete