kiddo activity: felt easter egg craft

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

On this edition of how to entertain my three year old! LOL Anyway, when I was a kiddo my mom made a felt activity for my little sister. She used an old game board (I think it was a scrabble board but that doesn't matter, I digress) and adhered to the back side of the board felt and set the game board up like a tent card. She then cut out shapes in different felt colors that my sister could stick to the board. Felt sticks to felt.

So I thought I would make for my kiddo an Easter version of this.



Items you'll need:

  1. colored felt
  2. scissors
  3. cardboard backing (optional - from box, cereal box, etc)





First thing to do is to cut an egg shape out of your white felt.



If you chose to do the card board backing using spray adhesive or brushed white glue adhere the white felt egg to the cardboard. Cut around the edges to trim the cardboard.

Out of the multi-colored felt cut out different designs. There is no right answer with what to cut out just cut away.



Give your youngster the egg and felt pieces and let them decorate. As she decorated we talked about shapes and colors. She didn't even know she was learning.



This is super affordable. I had scissors and I bought 8 sheets of felt which at Hobby Lobby run 4/$1 so this project cost me $2 plus tax. Not to mention I will store this away and we will reuse it. I think I will repeat for other holidays.

You Might Also Like

30 comments

  1. I love this simple craft and I have everything to make it! Thanks for the inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I am glad you liked it. It is great, mine three year old sat for awhile and just kept making new eggs. I think I will do for each holiday.

      Delete
  2. Visiting from Mom's Monday Mingle. Glad to discover your website. I hope you'll share it at this week's Friday Flash Blog on The Jenny Evolution (www.thejennyevolution.com). Would love to have you join our community.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the invite, I would love to join! Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. My kids will have a lot of fun with that! I hope you don't mind that I link to this project in my Easter crafts for kids post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With a link back to my post...not at all. I am glad you enjoyed it and thank you for visiting my blog!

      Delete
    2. Yes, definitely with a link back so others can check it out too. :)
      (www.letspourtea.com/2013/03/23/easter-crafts-for-kids/)

      Delete
  4. What a great idea! I love felt and have a ton of it sitting around. I'd love for you to come link up to our party, An Oldie but a Goodie where we like to show off all of our old or new projects. http://www.cutesycrafts.com/2013/03/an-oldie-but-goodie-10.html - Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to link up, thank you for the invite! And thank you for stopping by my blog.

      Delete
  5. Hi! Followed you over from Ginger Snap Crafts blog hop. Great idea! I think I want to try this with my 16 month old. Thanks for sharing! Now following via GFC : )

    Jackie
    www.thenonmarthamomma.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for checking my blog out!

      Delete
  6. This is a perfect way to use our stash of felt scraps! Thanks a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a fun craft. Thank you for joining in the fun at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for having me and taking a second to stop by!

      Delete
  8. Cool. I like this. Linda

    http://www.craftsalamode.com/2013/03/what-to-do-weekends-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm happy to have come across this just in time for the weekend. Visiting today from Thursday's Favorite Things.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a simple and fun project for the kids! Thank you so much for sharing on Thursday Favorite Things at Katherine's Corner. I'm Jen, the co-host this from Through My Creative Mind. I'm your newest follower...I'd love it if you stopped by and did the same :-)
    Make sure to come back every Monday for Creative Show and Tell!

    Jen @ Through My Creative Mind
    http://throughmycreativemind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will love to do the same....on my way.

      Delete
  11. super cute! Thanks for linking up to tasteful tuesdays @ nap-timecreations! Do you have a link party page? Would love to see a link back so I can feature you! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily - Thanks! I sent you an email.

      Delete
  12. What a fun Easter activity for little ones.

    We'd love for you to share your posts at our Finished Friday blog party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to share it...see you on Friday.

      Delete
  13. I love easy felt crafts! I'm totally going to pin this to my felt crafts board. :)

    Debbie @ onelittleproject.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you very much! I will hopefully have another felt craft coming up...shhh that's our little secret ;)

      Delete
  14. Super cute and a great idea for toddlers!

    Jan @ potlucksontheporch.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a perfect, fun, QUIET Easter activity for little ones! ;) You are a Featured Favorite on Saturday Show & Tell at Cheerios and Lattes this week, thanks for joining us last week, we love having you! Can't wait to see what you've been up to this week!
    Mackenzie :)

    ReplyDelete