march birchbox

Monday, March 25, 2013

So I received my Birchbox last Wednesday before I went to work. I was so excited I couldn't wait until I got home so I opened right before I started work. I have to admit - I am guilty of peeking. Yes, I know...I am so ashamed. I jumped online when I received my notification that it was shipped and took a looksee. Well let me tell you that peeking only increased my anticipation.

When I did open it I opened it up slowly. Savoring the moment like I was receiving a gift. I lifted the lid, unfolded the pretty pink tissue paper and revealed my treasures. I gotta say, although I am sure you can gather, it is so much fun to receive my Birchbox each month.

Anywhoo, in my Birchbox I received:



Whish Shave Crave Shaving Cream - smelled good enough to eat! I received the blueberry scented shave cream and this was my first organic shave cream. It felt great as I lathered it on and my legs felt great after. It definitely provided moisture my other products didn't. You would still need a daily lotion but it absolutely helps, especially in Arizona where any moisture is sucked right out of your skin. One weird fact - as you shave the cream almost looks like curdled milk. So don't worry if it does that.

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Repair CC Cream - I was really excited to with this one. I fell in love with BB creams so I thought for sure this was going to be a winner. Well, disappointingly I couldn't get beyond the icky smell. Yuck. It smelled like a rotten fruit loop - it was weird. I applied a little bit on my cheek and was "Eyuck, no way!" and removed it.

Serge Normant Meta Revive Dry Shampoo - I have purchased dry shampoos in the past and to be honest they never wowed me. So I didn't have huge expectations. I have to admit I was pretty impressed. I sprayed in on per the instructions, combed it out and was ready for the day! It worked great.

Juicy Couture Couture La La - I tend to be pretty particular with my fragrances so to receive one in a sample is a shot in the dark. Again, I was pleasantly surprised with this one. Wonderfully floral, this scent is perfect for spring. After wearing it for 2 or 3 hours I couldn't smell it anymore so I wonder if it is not a match for my body oils.

Madewell for Birchbox Nail Emery Board - love emery boards, file my nails constantly. Love 'em...'nuf said.

Birchbox has no clue who I am - I am simply a subscriber that loves receiving her Birchbox each month and shares it with you.


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. What is birch box? Looks cool! New follower from Social Sunday.

    Maria
    Keepingitstepford.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Birchbox is service that is $10 a month and you receive personalize name brand samples of products. Sometimes even a full size product. You fill out a profile and based on the profile they send you products that you may find enjoyable. I really love it because it allows me to try name brand items without the full size investment. You can check it out here: https://www.birchbox.com?raf=hz522 Thank you for stopping by my blog!

      Delete