spring cleaning blog seriesSunday, March 03, 2013
Introducing my Spring Cleaning Blog Series. Spring is almost here and after a winter of the house being closed up its time to start fresh. I don't have an opportunity to do one large spring cleaning day so I do a room or two each week. This series will start just before spring and be over the course of 5 weeks scheduling a new rooms to perform spring cleaning to fit into busy schedules like mine.
Not only will I have scheduled weekly rooms to perform I will also provide printable checklists as well. Laying out all the tasks in order to have a nice and sparkling new room. My method for these checklists are starting from the very top and working your way down.
The Weekly Schedule:
- Week #1 - Sunday: The Kitchen
- Week #1 - Wednesday: The Dining
- Week #2 - Sunday: The Living/Family
- Week #2 - Wednesday: The Entry/Mudroom
- Week #3 - Sunday: The Bedroom
- Week #3 - Wednesday: The Playroom
- Week #4 - Sunday: The Bathroom
- Week #4 - Wednesday The Laundry Room
- Week #5 - Sunday: The Windows and Window Coverings
- Week #5 - Wednesday: The Office
- Make an 'easy clean caddy' that you can take with you as you go.
- Stock up on your cleaners (counter, toilet, shine, polish, etc)
- Stock up on paper towels or have plenty of rags (I use coffee filters, they work wonderfully and no lint)
- Ensure you have plenty of trash bags (reuse grocery bags)
- Ensure you have plenty of laundry detergent
- Make sure you have some baking soda to deodorize
- Stock your iPod/mp3 with some good jamming music
- Maybe plan on an easy lunch/dinner on days you deep clean, whether you go along with this schedule or fit it around your own.