spring cleaning week #1: the dining

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

It is Wednesday and it is the 2nd room in Week #1 of my Spring Cleaning Blog Series. I decided to do two rooms a week so it didn't stretch all the way through spring ;) I planned the harder/larger rooms on Sundays and smaller less complicated rooms on Wednesday. By all means you don't have to do the cleaning on these specific days, do what works for you.

Today is the dining room and you will see our dining room is very simple. I like simplicity, although I would like to get a buffet/sideboard one of these days.

Alrighty, so here we go.

Spring Cleaning List

  • Clean ceiling fan/lights (if applicable)
  • Dust lights and shades
  • Dust art/mirror
  • Remove items from buffet/sideboard and wipe out
  • Polish/dust buffet/sideboard and return items (purge unneeded)
  • Wash china (if applicable)
  • Wipe/polish table
  • Wipe down chairs
  • Launder/spot clean chair cushions/fabric
  • Wipe down switch plates and outlets
  • Wipe down window sills
  • Wipe down doors (including top ledge of door), knobs and trim
  • Sweep and mop/vacuum floors
  • Shampoo rug
  • Wipe down walls and baseboard
To print out this list click here or the image.


I like minimal clutter especially since our dining area is small. We have some plans for the future including new furniture but with having two 3 and under we are not in a rush to have brand new furniture with the risk of accidents. So this little dining room meets our needs. Eventually it will meet our wants.

view from our living room
 
 
view from our kitchen
 
 
some art I put together with things I like to remind us


full view of dining and kitchen


Visit the weeks you missed here.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I need to do some spring cleaning! ;-)
    Thanks for sharing.
    Monica
    PS I do a Friday Linky party w/400 visitors if you want to link up!
    http://happyandblessedhome.com/category/family-fun/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it - I hope it works for you. I joined your link party, thank you!

      Delete
  2. I so need this list.. spring cleaning sucks but we all must! Thanks so much for coming to (link) party with me... I hope you'll come again next week to Super Saturday Show & Tell! http://www.whatscookingwithruthie.com xoxo~ Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for having me and stopping by!

      Delete