spring cleaning week #1: the diningWednesday, March 13, 2013
It is Wednesday and it is the 2nd room in Week #1 of my Spring Cleaning Blog Series. I decided to do two rooms a week so it didn't stretch all the way through spring ;) I planned the harder/larger rooms on Sundays and smaller less complicated rooms on Wednesday. By all means you don't have to do the cleaning on these specific days, do what works for you.
Today is the dining room and you will see our dining room is very simple. I like simplicity, although I would like to get a buffet/sideboard one of these days.
Alrighty, so here we go.
Spring Cleaning List
- Clean ceiling fan/lights (if applicable)
- Dust lights and shades
- Dust art/mirror
- Remove items from buffet/sideboard and wipe out
- Polish/dust buffet/sideboard and return items (purge unneeded)
- Wash china (if applicable)
- Wipe/polish table
- Wipe down chairs
- Launder/spot clean chair cushions/fabric
- Wipe down switch plates and outlets
- Wipe down window sills
- Wipe down doors (including top ledge of door), knobs and trim
- Sweep and mop/vacuum floors
- Shampoo rug
- Wipe down walls and baseboard
|view from our living room|
|view from our kitchen|
|some art I put together with things I like to remind us|
|full view of dining and kitchen|