spring cleaning week #1: the kitchen

Sunday, March 10, 2013



This is the first week and first room of my Spring Cleaning Blog Seriesthe kitchen. Do you know that saying "The kitchen is the heart of the home", well I definitely believe that. For me when the kitchen is all together so is my functionability (if that is a word). When I walk into a clean kitchen it just makes me happy. Is that weird? Anyway this is why I chose this room as the very first.

I was very excited to do my kitchen spring cleaning, making everything sparkle and shine.

In each room I work my way from the top down, allowing all of the dust to fall and not re-dirty what I have already cleaned.

First things first is to coordinate your lunch and dinner. You want it to be easy. A quick lunch while you are cleaning and since you will be pretty tired after your spring clean you won't want to slave over a difficult meal. For my spring clean lunch we made simple sandwhiches with carrots. For dinner, before I started cleaning, I made my Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup (I will have a recipe in an upcoming post). So now that I know I have my meals planned I can get started.

Were you able to make your cleaning caddy? It isn't a must but it helps tremendously having your cleaning supplies organized and handy to carry around.

Spring Cleaning List
  • Start a load of laundry - launder kitchen rugs, kitchen towels, oven mitts and pot holders.
  • Dust light fixtures
  • Remove items from upper cabinets and wipe down cabinets - in and out
  • Return upper cabinet contents (purge/donate unneeded items)
  • Clean top of refrigerator
  • Clean microwave - in and out
  • Wipe down window sills
  • Wipe down switch plates and outlets
  • Remove items from counters and wipe down counters - return items
  • Scrub stove top, lift stove top and clean - replace/re-foil burner catchers (if applicable)
  • Clean under and behind stove/oven
  • Clean oven
  • Remove items from refrigerator and clean interior (purge expired goods)
  • Clean under and behind refrigerator (including front grate if applicable)
  • Remove items from lower cabinets and wipe down cabinets - in and out
  • Return lower cabinet contents (purge/donate unneeded items)
  • Wipe down all appliances (front of oven, exterior of fridge, dishwasher, toaster, etc)
  • Sweep and mop floor
  • Wash trash can(s)
  • Wipe down walls and baseboards
  • Wipe down doors (include top ledge of door) knobs and trim

To print out this list click here or click the image.



Doing this spring clean also gives you an opportunity to organize your counters as well.

 
 
My husbands coffee/tea station.


Our soap and sanitizers.





I keep all of our cookbooks/recipes in a wire basket that I picked up at Hobby Lobby.



Not that you are all done how accomplished do you feel? You should feel very proud! Good job!

Visit the weeks you missed here.





You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hi,
    This is great with the hopes of Spring being near. LOL It is still snowing here. Glad to be getting in on part 1.
    Our party is live now, and we would like to invite you to share this there: http://thebusybhive.blogspot.com/
    Hope to see you there.
    Thanks!
    The Busy Bee's,
    Myrna and Joye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the invitation I would love to join. Yes if I don't start this now it won't ever get done...that or we will be going into winter LOL.

      Delete