spring cleaning week #3: the bedroom

Sunday, March 24, 2013

 

We are officially half way done and in week #3 of my Spring Cleaning Blog Series. This week was a much anticipated one. One of my favorite things to do is going to bed in a spotless and fresh bedroom with freshly laundered bedding. Ahhhhhh.

At the beginning of each week I take a glance at my cleaning caddy and make sure I am all stocked up. Nothing drives me more crazy to get in the middle of a cleaning project and I run out or have forgotten something I needed.

Print out this weeks list here:



  • Launder bedding and change (if applicable)
  • Dust ceiling fans/lights
  • Dust lights and shades
  • Dust stand-up fan(s) (if applicable)
  • Dust art/photos/mirror
  • Remove items from dresser and night stand tops - dust dressers
  • Dust items and return (purge unneeded items)
  • Remove items from drawers and wipe down interior
  • Purge unneeded items/clothing and return items
  • Dust remaining furniture
  • Dust T.V./electronics
  • Wipe down window sills
  • Empty closet, purge unneeded items and vacuum/sweep & mop
  • Return closet items and organize
  • Wipe down walls and baseboards
  • Wipe down switch plates and outlets
  • Wipe down doors (including top ledge of door), knobs and trim
  • Remove items under bed and put away
  • Rotate mattress and deodorize (sprinkle baking soda, let sit and vacuum)
  • Vacuum/sweep & mop floor
  • Launder/spot clean rugs (if applicable)

A couple of additional tips:

Don't forget one of the most important details - some good dancing music! Cleaning and jamming go hand in hand in my house. Plus that is when I bust out my best dance moves. LOL

Another tip for bedroom cleaning is giving yourself a time frame or a rule not to reminisce as you go. Pulling items out of your night stand or junk drawer can lead you to looking at pictures, which can lead to sitting down. Give yourself 2 hours and stick to 10 minutes for every couple of tasks. Some may take longer but it will keep you on track.

Grab three bins that you can label - "Donate" , "Another room" , "Keep/Sort". If you come across items you aren't interested in keeping you place right in a bin. If you have some items that need to go to another room, there ya go. And the last bin for items you don't have time to sort through immediately like bills, receipts and other miscellaneous items.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I really like your spring cleaning lists! Been looking through them for ideas of my own! Found you via link party this morning....newest follower here!
    Danielle@ http://www.snipetsofinspiration.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by and the follow! They are just what I needed to get Spring Cleaning done while keeping my sanity ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring cleaning is important session which we never miss. I do hire Mattress Cleaning Brisbane services to make my bed safe and a proper place to sleep

    ReplyDelete