tiramisu cupcakes

Thursday, March 28, 2013

On my quest to start baking more I am trying really get cupcakes down to a science. I would really like it to be my "thang". I can't say I am anywhere near that place but I can say I am having fun and learning a lot. This post was originally supposed to be salted caramel cupcakes. The cakes turned out soooo yummy but the frosting. Oh my gosh the frosting just wouldn't come together. I made three separate batches including making homemade caramel and trying store bought caramel - it just never worked. Something about the caramel changed the makeup of the frosting and it never whipped.

This week I thought I would scratch the salted caramel cupcakes and try something new. About 6 years ago right after my hubby and I got married I attempted to make him his favorite dessert - tiramisu. He loves the stuff so while he was out of town I tried to have it ready for him when he got home. Well lets just say tiramisu I did not make....tiramisoup I did!  I never turned the speed of my better high enough (I was scared of it) to whip the mascarpone frosting so it stayed in a soupy consistency. My hubby bless his heart still ate it. He said it tasted just as good just was runny....LOL. So funny.

In an effort to redeem myself I thought this week would be perfect to make tiramisu cupcakes! Yummers! I couldn't find my original dessert recipe so I found a tiramisu cupcake recipe that looked doable ::::lets pray::::

I used a Martha Stewart recipe but altered it just a hair. Her coffee-marsala syrup calls for, you guess it....marsala! But an ounce and I didn't want to buy a whole bottle so instead I added a tablespoon of gold rum (yum!).




In fear of them being too strong I didn't brush on all of the coffee mixture only maybe half. They definitely could have been stronger but were pretty darn good.

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. They look yummy. You could be the next DC Cupcakes. Follow your dreams and ambitions. You can do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Hilary you are too sweet! Thanks for your support!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! I am not a huge coffee fan but I gotta say they were pretty tasty!

      Delete
  3. These look great! I have not tried making Tiramisu cupcakes yet! Found you on Marvelous Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for cupcakes! You gotta let me know when you do...thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  4. Sounds delicious! I make a lot of cupcakes for my blog, but I've never tried Tiramisu! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you and when you do. Super yums. What is the address to your blog. I would love to dabble your recipes ;)

      Delete
  5. Mmmm, super yummy! Thanks for sharing with Simple Supper Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy looking cupcakes~ now following on GFC Have a great week~Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my... I love tiramisu... LOVE it! Thanks so much for sharing at Super Saturday Show & Tell… I’m SO glad you came to (link) party with me! http://www.whatscookingwithruthie.com Come back again tomorrow to share! xoxo~ Ruthie

    ReplyDelete