messy perfection: painting nails

Monday, April 08, 2013

Have you ever spent a lot of time trying to paint your nails just perfectly? What about your opposite hand? Do you get the shakes like I do? A long time ago I painted my nails with the thought that I would go back using a Q-Tip and nail polish remover and would touch up. When my nails dried I got busy doing things around the house and before I knew it I was washing my hands. Well what resulted was the nail polish that was on the skin of my finger easily wiped/flaked off.

To ensure this wasn't a fluke the next time I painted my nails I tried washing my hands again and sure enough the nail polish on my finger came off easily. So this is now my method when painting my nails. I don't spend the extra time to get them "perfect". I just paint and go.

So first things first, paint your nails without a care in the world...see exhibit A. I am left handed so I painted with my opposite hand.
Another tip to speed up your nail polish time is once you are done painting your nails fill your sink with cold water. Place your hands in the cold water for at least 2 minutes. It really works! After 2 minutes of being in cold water I was able to hold my infant with no mess ups. It probably does vary a little bit by nail polish brand, but it should work just fine.


Exhibit A
Once your nails are dry - a couple hours later - the next morning - whenever. Wash your hands with some warm soapy water and gently peel/flake off the excess nail polish. Taaaadaaaaaa!


Additional tip: although toes are easier to paint since you can use your dominant hand for both feet, but I also use this technique if I mess up with my toesies.


Let me know how it works for you!


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I knew about the soap and flaking off, but how cool about the cold water! I am going to try this tonight!!! Thanks for Sharing at Show Me Your Plaid Monday's!

    ReplyDelete