birchbox: ruby wing nail polish

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

In my April Birchbox I received a sample size of Ruby Wing Nail Polish in Peony. I fell in absolute love with the color upon first site. It was like they hand picked it for me. Any way that was that, and I was really happy to try it. Well upon writing up my blog post for my monthly box I realized it CHANGES COLORS!!! What?! I know right! It goes from a beautiful peach to a bright orange-red.

This is what the description on Birchbox said under How It Works: "Formulated with SolarActive® Technology, each polish transitions from one shade to another as soon as you step out into the sunlight and come into contact with UV rays. Walk back indoors, and your nails will return to the original color. Each Ruby Wing polish is non-toxic, vegan, and environmentally safe."

So as soon as I had a moment I had to try this new polish. AND IT CHANGES COLORS! I did the best I could trying to capture a picture that had both shades. I was sitting under an awning so I stuck one side of my hand out into the sunlight and tried very hard to keep the other side in the shade while not messing up the paint job. So here you can see the difference in shades. Mind you they are so much vibrant in person but you can see that it works!


The one and only downside is if you like the light color so much you'd have to go buy a separate bottle if you plan on being outside since it will always turn to the darker of the two outdoors. But I think it is so cool.

What a great Birchbox sample!


Birchbox has no clue who I am - I am simply a subscriber that loves receiving her Birchbox each month and shares it with you.

You Might Also Like

0 comments