r.s.v.p. pens with a twist

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

I am always looking to jazz up the dull.

I am not even sure where the idea came from for this one. Have you ever just been in the middle of doing something (in this case file audits at work) when your mind might escape the task at hand and go somewhere creative? LOL...no? Just me? I was writing down some notes with my R.S.V.P. pen when I thought geez these haven't changed since they came out over 10 years ago.  How can I make them "cute"?

Light bulb! Plus any excuse to run into Hobby Lobby is a welcomed one. So here is my attempt to "cutify" some RSVP pens.

You'll need:
RSVP pens
Scrapbook paper
Scissors


Use the pen as a length measurement guide to cut the paper. Due to the thickness of the paper when you roll it up don't go more than 2" wide.


Go ahead and disassemble the pen. Using the ink stick tightly roll the paper. The tighter the better.


Once the roll of paper is in the tube part of the pen reassemble inserting the ink through the middle. Aren't they fun! 



I even had a couple of folks question where I got the patterned RSVPs and I delightfully told them I made them myself ;)



You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. LOVE it... This is my current go-to pen {I know, weird}, and this is a great way to spruce it up!

    Happy Wednesday!
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danielle! It looks like it is more popular than you think ;)

      Delete
  2. That's a really great idea! Especially in an office where everyone using the same pens. Now your stolen pens can be easily found!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had that exact same thought. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. These are my favorite pens! Thank you for such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a GREAT idea! These are my favorite pens!! and now they have another reason to be my fave!! Thanks for sharing! Visiting from the Mad Skills linky party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting...love that you enjoyed the post!

      Delete
  5. What a cute and simple idea!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just too adorable...and so crafty! ~Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute idea! they could match your stationary!

    ReplyDelete