would you like to earn a little extra cash?

Monday, June 17, 2013

I was compensated for this post however did use their service prior to this blog without CampusBookRentals knowing who I was or that I had a blog.


In the not so distant past I was a student. I was...am working on my degree. I hadn't been in college since right out of highschool and wow, how things have changed. Not only is the enrollment process ridiculously easier but getting books is too. So "back in the day" my book expenses actually exceeded my tuition. No joke! I was paying $11 per unit, so a class that cost $44 would have a $300 book, what?! I know! So upon enrolling again after nearly a 10 year hiatus I discovered textbook rentals. Um, genius!

Lets just say the cost of books is lowered dramatically by renting them. What used to be a $200 book turned into a $35 rental. I even rented books for as low as $4! So you might ask, well how does it work, how long can you keep the book? That is the beauty of it, you can customize the rental length or choose 55, 85 or even 130 days. I would rent mine based on my class length giving myself a little extra time to get it in the mail.

One of the best rental companies I used was CampusBookRentals - what is great about them was all I mentioned above plus they include free to and from shipping. They also allow you to mark up/highlight  in the book, but I never had the heart to do it.

I mean, it makes sense right? Why hang onto old textbooks? Did you ever try and sell an old textbook back to the school? I did and on a $250 book they handed me a mere $25! I was like, you are joking right? Twenty-five dollars for my two hundred and fifty dollar boooook?

So, I gave CampusBookRentals a little visit and learned some new tidbits. They now offer a rent back program (www.rentback.com) where you can actually make money off your books by renting them out to other students. Score! Always looking for a way to make a little money. And to strum at those heart strings, with every textbook rental they donate to Operation Smile. Operation smile is an organization that performs life changing cleft lip surgeries on children whose families could not otherwise afford it. Pretty incredible.

Check out this video to learn more about renting those college textbooks.

You Might Also Like

0 comments