quick and easy straw-berry snack

Friday, September 27, 2013

When hitting the fridge or cupboard for a snack what tends to be the easiest or most popular choice is the "grab and go" snacks. There aren't many healthy grab and go snacks that are low maintenance or fit within our budget. We tend to pass up fruit and veggies because there is always something left behind. A peel. A core. Rinds. So due to convenience we are choosing a granola bar with 29 grams of carbs or something else that is most likely processed.  


In an effort to provide better raw food choices I thought I have to make it easier; both to grab and go and to prepare. Enter Straw-Berries. I couldn't resist. Rather than pulling out a knife and cutting board I decided to make the prep process a little less complicated which equaled less dishes.

What you will need:
  • Strawberries
  • Straw


  1. Start by washing the strawberries
  2. Insert straw into strawberry at the bottom
  3. Continue to push straw through until stem pops off
  4. Now you have a perfect ready to grab and go raw fruit snack.
I have to say strawberries never went so fast in my household.




You Might Also Like

0 comments