Be Thyself

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

It has been nearly 3 years since my last blog post. I very much enjoyed blogging however, I began to blog for the wrong reasons. I wanted to blog in an effort to be the next big blogger. I wasn't true to who I was. I thought I had to be a perfect mom, perfect housekeeper, and perfect blogger. I wouldn't dare show a single reader a flaw in my "perfect" little life. Eventually, the pressure of having to be perfect became too much. My solution? Leaving the blogging world. 

Over the course of the last 3 years, I never stopped thinking about blogging. I missed it. I felt horrible because I felt that since I couldn't maintain a perfect persona I had to give it up. That is, until recently. Life isn't perfect, people aren't perfect, so why was I consumed with "perfect blogger syndrome"? 


I am real. Life is real and I refuse to not share a part of me because I am not perfect. So, here I am...

I am a mother. I am a daughter. I am a sister. I am a granddaughter. I am a wife. I am a cousin. I am a niece. I am an entrepreneur. I am a romantic. I am a fighter. I am a wreck. I am a knitter. I am a shopper. I am a hypocrite. I am loveable. I am a hard worker. I am honest. I am chipper. I am indecisive. I am a perfectionist. I am a typist. I am moody. I am hard on myself. I am sympathetic. I am fun loving. I am a labeler. I am pessimistic. I am a planner. I am creative. I am an art lover. I am a book reader. I am confused. I am hopeful. I am scared. I am loyal. I am trustworthy. I am a friend.  I am selfish. I am a giver. I am a dreamer. I am a worrier. I am broken. I am hurt. I am a lover. I am fearful. I am strong willed. I am...

...me.




You Might Also Like

0 comments